- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Vail Valley stretches far beyond the town of Vail. Minturn began to thrive in 1987, when the Rio Grande Railway extended a narrow-gauge line into town to carry away the zinc, copper, silver, and lead extracted from nearby mines. The main street has an eclectic collection of antique, curio, and other shops, plus popular restaurants housed in old buildings. It's a good place to take a break from skiing and grab a bite.
Minturn at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's