Vail Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Vail Valley
The Slopes: Vail is as real and challenging a ski mountain as you'll find anywhere in the western United States, with the steeps and back bowls to prove it.
Romantic Meals: A number of intimate restaurants are hidden away among the peaks, reachable by ski, on horseback, and even by horse-drawn sleighs.
Rugged Scenery: The Gore Range presents some of the most sharp-spined backcountry in the state, with ice-cold tarns, sheer cliffs, and shaggy white mountain goats.
High Altitude Golf: The thin air at this elevation lets your Titleist fly much farther—enjoy those hero swings at more than a dozen venues.
Summer Festivals: Check out some of Vail's many cultural activities—summer is full of music, culinary, and dance festivals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe