- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
McCoy Park. The prettiest place for cross-country skiing is this park with more than 19 miles of trails groomed for traditional cross-country skiing, skate skiing, and snowshoeing, all laid out around a mountain peak. To get here, take the Strawberry Park chairlift—a plus because it gets you far enough from the village that you're in a pristine environment. The groomed tracks have a fair amount of ups and downs (or perhaps because the elevation begins at 9,840 feet, it just seems that way). Beaver Creek, CO, 81620. 970/754–5313. www.beavercreek.com. Open Dec.–mid-Apr.
Beaver Creek Nordic Sports Center. Lessons, equipment rentals, and guided tours are available here. Strawberry Park Condo Bldg., at the bottom of Chair 12, Beaver Creek, CO, 81620. 970/745-5313.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe