- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
McCoy Park. The prettiest place for cross-country skiing is McCoy Park, with more than 19 mi of trails groomed for traditional cross-country skiing, skate skiing, and snowshoeing, all laid out around a mountain peak. To reach McCoy Park, take the Strawberry Park chairlift—a plus because it gets you far enough from the village that you're in a pristine environment. The groomed tracks have a fair amount of ups and downs (or perhaps because the elevation rises to 9,840 feet, it just seems that way). Beaver Creek, CO. 970/754-5313. www.beavercreek.com. Open Dec.-mid-Apr.
Beaver Creek Nordic Sports Center. Lessons, equipment rentals, and guided tours are available through Beaver Creek Nordic Sports Center. Strawberry Park Condo Bldg., at the bottom of Chair 12, Beaver Creek, CO, 81620. 970/745-5313. Daily 9-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Colo.: Suite at 4-Star Beaver Creek Resort , 55% Off Beaver Creek Lodge