- High-altitude golf The thin air at this elevation lets your Titleist fly much farther—enjoy those hero swings at more than a dozen venues.
- Romantic meals A number of intimate restaurants are hidden away among the peaks, reachable by ski, on horseback, and even by horse-drawn sleigh.
- Rugged scenery The Gore Range presents some of the most sharp-spined backcountry in the state, with ice-cold tarns, sheer cliffs, and shaggy white mountain goats.
- The slopes Vail is as real and challenging a ski mountain as you'll find anywhere in the western United States, with the steeps and back bowls to prove it.
- Summer festivals Check out some of Vail's many cultural activities—summer is full of music, culinary, and dance festivals.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More