Colorado's state sales tax is 2.9%, but after that it gets a little tricky, as there are additional city and county taxes that raise the total to between 7.5% and 8.5%. Lodging taxes also vary around the state, and can be as high as nearly 15% in Denver and less than 10% in other areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's