Amtrak connects several stations in Colorado to both coasts and major American cities. The California Zephyr and the Southwest Chief pass once per day with east- and west-bound trains that stop in Denver, Winter Park, Granby, Glenwood Springs, Grand Junction, and Trinidad. There are also several scenic narrow-gauge sightseeing railroads all over the state.
Amtrak (800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.)
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad (888/286–2737 or. www.cumbrestoltec.com.)
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (888/872–4607. www.durangotrain.com.)
Georgetown Loop Railroad (888/456–6777. www.georgetownlooprr.com.)
Royal Gorge Route Railroad (888/724–5748. www.royalgorgeroute.com.)
Leadville, Co. & Southern Railroad Company (719/486–3936 or 866/386–3936. www.leadville-train.com.)
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad (719/587–0520 or 877/726–7245. www.riograndescenicrailroad.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's