Traveling by bus within the Denver-Boulder region is fairly easy with RTD, since their coverage of the area is dense and most routes are not too circuitous. The free 16th Street MallRide and the light-rail routes within Denver make travel to and from downtown attractions easy.
Mountain Metropolitan Transit serves the Colorado Springs area. Colorado Mountain Express offers both shared-ride shuttles and private-car airport services from Denver International Airport (DEN) and Eagle County Regional Airport.
Colorado Mountain Express (800/525-6363 or 970/754-7433. www.coloradomountainexpress.com.)
Mountain Metropolitan Transit (719/385-7433. www.springsgov.com.)
RTD (303/299-6000. www.rtd-denver.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe