- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For an afternoon in some of the finest backcountry wilderness around, as well as a plethora of rainbow, cutthroat, brown, and brook trout, head for the beautiful San Miguel and Delores rivers.
Telluride Outside. This service runs guided fly-fishing trips from its store, the Telluride Angler. It also organizes a variety of summer and winter activities in the Telluride area, including four-wheel drive, white-water rafting, mountain biking, and photography excursions. Telluride Angler, 121 W. Colorado Ave., Telluride, CO, 81435. 970/728-3895 or 800/831-6230. www.tellurideoutside.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Mountain Lodge in Telluride: Junior Suites rom $119 Groupon Getaways with Expedia
- 4-Star Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge Fr $475+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $275/night less
- $27.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Montrose Hotwire
- $122.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Telluride — $122 Hotwire
- $21.95 & up : Economy rentals in Montrose — $22 Hotwire