- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ridgway State Park. At this peaceful state park, 4 mi north of Ridgway, the 5-mi-long reservoir is stocked with plenty of rainbow trout, as well as the larger and tougher brown trout. Anglers also pull up kokanee salmon and yellow perch. There's a boat ramp, swimming beach, picnic areas, playgrounds, and a campground. 28555 U.S. 550, Ridgway, CO, 81432. 970/626-5822. www.parks.state.co.us/ridgway. $7.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines