- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Hundred Gold Mine
Old Hundred Gold Mine Review
A tram takes you 1,500 feet into the Old Hundred Gold Mine for a tour of one of the area's oldest mining facilities. Old Hundred operated for about a century, from the first strike in 1872 until the last haul in the early 1970s. Temperatures remain at a steady 48°F, so be sure to bring a sweater or a jacket. Guided tours leave every hour on the hour. Your ticket price also covers panning for gold (and silver and semiprecious stones) in the sluice boxes outside the mine. The facility is 5 mi north of Silverton.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge Fr $475+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $275/night less
- Save in Telluride: Book 3 Nts in May at Viking Lodge Fr $396+/Nt Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Telluride Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Telluride Fr $277+/Nt — $277 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Telluride — $12 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more