- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Animas B&B at the Wingate House
At a Glance
- terrific views
- comfortable rooms
- lots of stairs
- two rooms have a shared bath
Animas B&B at the Wingate House Review
Owner Judy Graham, a landscape artist, adorns the walls of this 1886 inn with her own work and family photos from the Civil War. The books on hand are souvenirs from her travels. The effect is both sophisticated and homey. The breezy front porch overlooks Kendall Mountain, a majestic "Thirteener" (a mountain higher than 13,000 feet). Large, sunny rooms are filled with antiques and beds piled with down pillows and comforters. A well-set dining-room table is used for breakfast, with home-baked treats.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Durango Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $73+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Durango for Less: Hotels Fr $79+/Nt Travelocity
- $35.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Gunnison Hotwire
- $101.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Gunnison — $101 Hotwire
- $40.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Gunnison — $41 Hotwire
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
You know Telluride for its white powder slopes in the winter and fun summer weekend festivals, but fall... Read more
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had.... Read more