- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Numerous high-alpine lakes and mountain streams make Lake City a fisherman's heaven. Lake San Cristobal is known around the region for its rainbow and brown trout. The Lake Fork of the Gunnison attracts anglers for rainbow and brook trout.
Dan's Fly Shop. Stop here to rent gear, book a guided trip, or arrange for a fishing license. 723 N. Gunnison Ave., Lake City, CO, 81235. 970/944–2281. www.dansflyshop.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe