Telluride and Southwest Colorado Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Hiking the Colorado Trail: Bike, hike, or photograph the more than 500 mi of volunteer-maintained trail traversing eight mountain ranges from Durango to Denver.
Mountain Biking Crested Butte: There's a reason the Mountain Biking Hall of Fame resides here—the town is one of the birthplaces of fat-tire biking and it's surrounded by up-close mountain scenery and sweet single-track.
Riding the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: This nine-hour journey along the Animas River will take you back in time on a coal- and steam-powered train. The views include dramatic canyons and the sweeping panoramas of the San Juan National Forest.
Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding at Telluride: There's rarely a wait to get at the sweeping, groomed trails and seemingly endless tree runs and moguls available at this, the largest collection of 14,000-foot mountains in the country.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe