- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
It's not that summer never comes to Leadville, it's just that winter never really leaves. This high-altitude town can see snow almost any month, though really only a brief flurry in the summer months. In winter Leadville hibernates (except for the nearby Ski Cooper and snowmobile trails), but in summer the town is a popular and cool respite from the heat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe