- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dillon Marina. At Dillon Marina you can rent a sailboat, pontoon boat, or runabout to play on the water, or get certified by the American Sailing Association through the sailing school. Reserve ahead in high season. Take I–70 Exit 205 to U.S. 6, and follow signs to the marina, Lake Dillon, Dillon, CO, 80435. 970/468–5100. www.dillonmarina.com.
Frisco Bay Marina. This marina is less crowded than Dillon and has quick access to the numerous pine-cloaked islands along the western shores. Here you can rent powerboats, canoes, and kayaks. Take I–70 Exit 203 to Highway 9 to Main Street, and follow signs to the marina. 902 E. Main St., Frisco, CO, 80443. 970/668–4334. www.friscobaymarina.com.
Boats rented from the Frisco Bay and Dillon marinas are not permitted to beach; the aluminum pontoons are easily damaged on the rock and gravel shores.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's