- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Summit County attracts cyclists with its 40 mi of paved bike paths and extensive network of backcountry trails. There are dozens of trailheads from which you can travel through gentle rolling terrain, up the sides of mountains, and along ridges for spectacular views. Starting in Dillon, you could bike around the reservoir to Frisco. From there you could ride the Blue River Pathway, largely along the river, to Breckenridge. Or you could ride through beautiful Tenmile Canyon all the way to Copper Mountain. If you're really fit, you could even continue your ride over Vail Pass and down into Vail Village.
Summit County Chamber of Commerce Information Center. This information center has detailed information about bike trails in the area. Ask for a free Summit County Bike Trail Guide that outlines, with great detail, your options. Listings include distance, difficulty, and elevation changes. 246 Rainbow Dr., Frisco, CO, 80498. 970/668-2051. www.summitchamber.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe