- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding
Copper Mountain. This mountain is popular with locals because the resort's 2,465 acres are spread across several peaks where the terrain is naturally separated into areas for beginners, intermediates, and expert skiers and snowboarders, making it easy to pick your slope. The Union Creek area contains gentle, tree-lined trails for novices. The slopes above the Village at Copper and Copper Station are an invigorating blend of intermediate and advanced trails. Several steep mogul runs are clustered on the eastern side of the area, and have their own lift. At the top of the resort and in the vast Copper Bowl there's challenging above-tree-line skiing. Freeriders gravitate to the Woodward Central and the Bouncer Park. Weather permitting, on several days each week beginning in mid-February, expert skiers can grab a free first-come, first-served snowcat ride up Tucker Mountain for an ungroomed, wilderness-style ski experience. 209 10 Mile Cir., Copper Mountain, CO, 80443. 970/968–2882 or 800/458–8386. www.coppercolorado.com. Nov.–mid-Apr., daily 9–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's