- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting. This outfitter runs white-water rafting and fishing trips on stretches of the Colorado, Arkansas, Eagle, and Blue rivers in Summit County, and Clear Creek on the Front Range. They also offer zipline, rock climbing, hiking, and horseback tours. 842 N. Summit Blvd., Frisco, CO, 80443. 800/370-0581 or 970/423-7031. www.breckenridgewhitewater.com.
Performance Tours. This outfitter leads expeditions on the Arkansas, Blue, Clear Creek, and upper Colorado rivers for newcomers looking for some action and experienced rafters ready for extremes. The company is based in Buena Vista, but will pick up groups in Breckenridge for all-day trips. 351 High Point Dr., Breckenridge, CO, 80424. 800/328-7238. www.performancetours.com.
Whitewater Kayak Park. With splash rocks, eddy pools, and S-curves, Whitewater Kayak Park is a playground for kayakers. This public park on the Blue River behind the Breckenridge Recreation Center is free and open from May through August. 880 Airport Rd., Breckenridge, CO, 80424. 970/453-1734.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe