- Festival fun Breckenridge hosts numerous festivals, including the aptly named Spring Massive Festival in April, and the weeklong Ullr Festival in January.
- Mining heritage It was gold that built Colorado in the 1800s, and this legacy is alive and well in the rejuvenated mining town of Leadville.
- Mountain waters Nothing beats a day of lake kayaking or fishing among the many wooded islets on Lake Dillon, the reservoir that is the heart of Summit County.
- Skiing choices You won't find more choices to ski and ride within snowball-throw's distance of one another than in Summit County, many a mere hour's drive from the Denver Metro Area.
- Trail biking Sure, there are plenty of single-track rides, but the real draw is the glorious paved bike trail that runs from Dillon up and over the mountains to Vail.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More