- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN) is in Hayden, 22 mi from Steamboat Springs. American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, and United fly nonstop from various gateways during ski season. Alpine Taxi and Storm Mountain Express provide door-to-door service to Steamboat Springs from Yampa Valley Regional Airport. A one-way trip with either costs $33.
Steamboat Springs Transit (SST) provides free shuttle service between the ski area and downtown Steamboat year-round. Most of the major properties also provide shuttles between the two areas for their guests.
From Denver, Steamboat Springs is about a three-hour drive northwest via I-70 and U.S. 40. The route traverses some high-mountain passes, so it's a good idea to check road conditions before you travel.
Steamboat's Sweet Pea Tours visits nearby hot springs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe