- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steamboat Springs' rolling mountains, endless aspen glades, mellow valleys, and miles and miles of jeep trails and single-track make for great mountain biking. In summer, when Front Range trails are baking in the harsh summer sun and cluttered with mountain bikers, horse riders, and hikers, you can pedal some of the cool backcountry trails in Steamboat without passing a single cyclist.
Gore Pass Loop. The 27½-mile Gore Pass Loop takes you through aspen and pine forests, with gradual hill climbs and long, sweet descents. Trailhead: Follow Hwy. 134 to Gore Pass Park, Hwy. 134 and Forest Rd. 185, Steamboat Springs, CO, 80483.
Orange Peel Bicycle Service. This bike shop offers a sweet line of demos that cost about double the regular rental rates, which start at $28. It's a good deal if you're in the market for a new bike. 1136 Yampa St., Steamboat Springs, CO, 80477. 970/879–2957. www.orangepeelbikes.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's