- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steamboat Ski Touring Center. Laid out on and along the Sheraton Steamboat Golf Club, Steamboat Ski Touring Center has a relatively gentle 18.5-mile trail network. A good option for a relaxed afternoon of skiing is to pick up some vittles at the Picnic Basket in the main building and enjoy a picnic along Fish Creek Trail, a 3-mile-long loop that winds through pine and aspen groves. Rental packages (skis, boots, and poles) are available. Steamboat Springs, CO, 80477. 970/879–8180. www.steamboatnordiccenter.com. Trail fee $18.
Vista Verde Guest Ranch. This guest ranch has a well-groomed network of tracks, as well as access to the adjacent national forest. 970/879–3858 or 800/526–7433. www.vistaverde.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's