- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Haymaker Golf Course. Three miles south of Steamboat Springs, this public-access 18-hole Keith Foster course has a pro shop and café. The challenging, rolling course has hills, streams, and native grasses, as well as exceptional views. The course is noted for being well maintained, with large greens and a 10,000-square-foot putting green. 34855 U.S. 40, Steamboat Springs, CO. 970/870-1846. www.haymakergolf.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 7,308/5,059. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $58/$69.
Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club at the Sheraton Steamboat Resort. Expect to see plenty of wildlife; bear and elk have been spotted on the 18-hole championship course, which was designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Jr. The extensive practice facilities include a driving range, a bunker, and a putting green. The Fish Creek Grille ($) serves lunch and a well-rounded happy hour and appetizer menu after 3 pm. 1230 Steamboat Blvd., Steamboat Springs, CO, 80487. 970/879-1391. www.rollingstoneranchgolf.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 6902/5462. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $75/$140.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Steamboat Springs this May Fr $279+/Nt Save with Expedia, $60/night less
- Save in Steamboat Springs: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $279+/Nt Save with Expedia, $60/night less
- $35.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Steamboat Springs Hotwire
- Storm Meadows Club Condominiums in May: $220 & Up — $220 Save with Expedia, $46/night less
- $32.95 & up : Economy rentals in Steamboat Springs — $33 Hotwire