- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Palisade is Colorado's version of Napa Valley, with the highest concentration of wineries in the state. It's an easy day trip from Grand Junction; meander through the vineyards and stop for lunch in the tiny, slow-paced town framed by stately Victorian homes and sweetened by homespun festivals. The orchards also are a big draw; the long, frost-free growing season intensifies the fruit sugars, resulting in intensely flavorful peaches, cherries, apricots, and nectarines. At harvest time the area sees a steady flow of visitors stopping by the orchards themselves, many of which have on-site sales, as well as the roadside stands that pop up seasonally to sell preserves, salsas, pies, and other fruit-based products.
Palisade at a Glance
Elsewhere in Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe