- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
JML Outfitters. The White River valley is home to some of the best fishing holes in Colorado, including Meeker Town Park, Sleepy Cat Access, and Trappers Lake. Some of the best fishing is on private land, so you need to ask permission, and you might have to pay. Your best bet—if you don't want to go it alone—is to hire a guide familiar with the area, such as JML Outfitters, which has been in the outfitting business for three generations, offering photography and wildlife-viewing trips, kids' camps, and trail rides. 300 County Rd. 75, Meeker, CO, 81641. 970/878–4749. www.jmloutfitters.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's