Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotel Reviews
The region is growing, and that means more lodging choices. In Grand Junction Horizon Drive has the largest concentration of hotels and motels, conveniently near Walker Field Airport and within walking distance of a handful of restaurants. For the budget conscious, there are many clean, no-frills motels as well as most of the well-known chains. History buffs might enjoy a stay at a dude ranch, one of the many rustic cabin rentals, or the famed Meeker Hotel, once frequented by Teddy Roosevelt. For those looking for the comforts of home, the area has a nice selection of bed-and-breakfasts, including one that has a llama herd and others set in fruit orchards and vineyards. Be sure to ask for off-season lodging rates, which could save you a bundle.
Steamboat Springs is unique in the state because it has high-end dude ranches and ranch resorts, which are absent in resort areas like Aspen, Summit County, and Vail.
Camping in the region ranges from rugged backcountry camping to developed campsites that generally have electrical hook-ups and visitor-center services with flush toilets and showers. Grand Mesa has exceptional camping, and for the most part, remains largely undiscovered except by the locals.
Browse Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109-$149 -- 4-Diamond Hotel near Downtown Boulder, 60% Off Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
- $129 -- Colorado: Top-Rated Steamboat Resort Sheraton Steamboat Springs
- $12.62 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Downtown Denver Hotel, 50% Off — $119-$159 The Westin Denver Downtown
- $152 & up -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 40% Off — $152 The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain