Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotel Reviews
In Grand Junction, Horizon Drive has the largest concentration of hotels and motels, conveniently near the airport and within walking distance of a handful of restaurants. For the budget conscious, there are many no-frills motels as well as hotel branches of the well-known chains. History buffs might enjoy a stay at a dude ranch, one of the many rustic cabin rentals, or the famed Meeker Hotel, once frequented by Teddy Roosevelt. For those looking for the comforts of home, the area has a nice selection of bed-and-breakfasts; be sure to ask for off-season lodging rates, which could save you a bundle.
Steamboat Springs is unique in the state because it has high-end dude ranches and ranch resorts, which are less abundant in resort areas like Aspen, Summit County, and Vail.
Camping in the region ranges from rugged backcountry camping to developed campsites that generally have electrical hook-ups and visitor-center services with flush toilets and showers. Grand Mesa has exceptional camping, and for the most part, remains largely undiscovered except by the locals.
Browse Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's