- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Powderhorn Mountain Resort. This resort has 63 trails, 4 lifts, 1,600 acres, and a 1,650-foot vertical drop. The slopes intriguingly follow the fall line of the mesa, carving out natural bowls. Those bowls on the western side are steeper than they first appear. Lift tickets are reasonable, the skiing is surprisingly good, and the addition of a half-pipe and an improved terrain park have gone a long way toward modernizing the resort. Powderhorn averages 250 inches of snowfall per year. Rte. 65, Mesa, CO, 81643. 970/268–5700. www.powderhorn.com. Lift ticket $59. Dec.–Apr., daily 9–4.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe