Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado
Colorado National Monument: Gaze out over Grand Junction toward the Bookcliffs along the 23-mi Rim Rock Drive or hike one of the many trails through sandstone canyons.
Grand Junction and Palisade Wine tasting: More than two-dozen local wineries have garnered attention for their grapes grown in the unique high-altitude soil.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs: Though it takes some work to get here, it's well worth the effort to soak away what ails you in the rustic, rock-lined setting.
Steamboat Springs Horseback riding: Choose from an authentic dude ranch experience, a pack trip into the wilderness, or a gentle alpine trail ride.
Dinosaur National Monument: Wander among thousands of skeletons that remain embedded in the rugged hillsides or take a raft trip down the Green or Yampa rivers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Shadow Run Condominiums in May: $174 & Up Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- Save at 3-Star Timber Run Condominiums: $250 & Up in May Save with Expedia, $115/night less
- $65.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Steamboat Springs Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Steamboat Springs this May Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Save with Expedia, $63/night less
- $57.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Steamboat Springs — $58 Hotwire