Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado
Colorado National Monument: Gaze out over Grand Junction toward the Bookcliffs along the 23-mi Rim Rock Drive or hike one of the many trails through sandstone canyons.
Grand Junction and Palisade Wine tasting: More than two-dozen local wineries have garnered attention for their grapes grown in the unique high-altitude soil.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs: Though it takes some work to get here, it's well worth the effort to soak away what ails you in the rustic, rock-lined setting.
Steamboat Springs Horseback riding: Choose from an authentic dude ranch experience, a pack trip into the wilderness, or a gentle alpine trail ride.
Dinosaur National Monument: Wander among thousands of skeletons that remain embedded in the rugged hillsides or take a raft trip down the Green or Yampa rivers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe