- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The stunning stark sandstone and shale formations of Colorado National Monument are a rock climber's paradise. Independence Monument is a favorite climb.
Desert Crags & Cracks. Experienced desert-rock guide Kris Hjelle owns and operates Desert Crags & Cracks, specializing in guiding and instruction on the desert rocks of western Colorado and eastern Utah. 970/245-8513. www.desertcrags.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe