- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National have car-rental counters at the Montrose Regional Airport. Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National all have counters at Durango–La Plata County Airport. Gunnison–Crested Butte Regional Airport has Avis, Budget, and Hertz. National and Hertz have counters at Telluride Regional Airport.
The main roads in the region are Route 135 between Crested Butte and Gunnison; U.S. 50 linking Poncha Springs, Gunnison, Montrose, and Delta; Route 149 between Gunnison, Lake City, and Creede; U.S. 550 from Montrose to Ridgway, Ouray, Silverton, and Durango; Route 62 and Route 145 linking Ridgway with Telluride, Dolores, and Cortez; and U.S. 160, which passes from Cortez to Durango to Pagosa Springs via Mesa Verde National Park. With the exception of Kebler Pass, none of these roads officially closes for winter, but be prepared at any time during snowy months for portions of the roads to be closed or down to one lane for avalanche control or to clear ice or snowdrifts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's