The 19th-century railroad town of Ridgway has been the setting for some classic Westerns, including True Grit (the original John Wayne version) and How the West Was Won. Though you’d never know it from the rustic town center, the area is also home to many swank ranches, including one belonging to fashion designer Ralph Lauren.
Ridgway at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southwest Colorado
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's