Hiking in Montrose
Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, and Gunnison National Forests. With some of the most spectacular scenery in the Colorado Rockies, this trio of national forests has a total of more than 3 million acres. The area contains many historic mining sites, 3,600 miles of streams, 3,500 miles of trails, and 30 lakes. 2250 U.S. 50, Delta, CO, 81416. 970/874–6600. www.fs.usda.gov/gmug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's