- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dalton Ranch Golf Club. About 6 miles north of Durango, Dalton Ranch is an 18-hole championship course with inspiring views of the Animas River Valley and surrounding San Juans. Carts cost $15 per person for 18 holes, and nonmembers are required to use a cart. Swing, the clubhouse's full-service restaurant and bar, is a popular hangout for golfers and locals who like watching the resident elk herd take its afternoon stroll. The golf season is early April to late October, weather permitting. 589 County Rd. 252, off U.S. 550, Durango, CO, 81302. 970/247–8774. www.daltonranch.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 6934/5539. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $80/$105. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, lessons, restaurant, bar.
Hillcrest Golf Club. Hillcrest is an 18-hole public course perched on a mesa near the campus of Fort Lewis College. Carts are $13 per person for 18 holes. The course is open from February to December, weather permitting. 2300 Rim Dr., Durango, CO, 81301. 970/247–1499. www.golfhillcrest.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 6912/5194. Par: 71/71. Green fee: $36. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, lessons, restaurants.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's