Golf in Crested Butte
The Club at Crested Butte. Golf legend Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed this ravishing 18-hole course surrounded by gorgeous mountain peaks. The first nine holes follow a traditional format, but the back nine offer a Highlands-style surprise with a Scottish-links design. Water hazards are present on 14 of the 18 holes, so be sure to bring extra balls. The semi-private course belongs to the country club, but it's open to the public. The dress code bars denim and mandates stand-up collars for all. 385 Country Club Dr., Crested Butte, CO, 81224. 970/349–8601 or 800/628–5496. www.theclubatcrestedbutte.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 7,208/5,702. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $149/$95. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, caddies, rental clubs, pro-shop, lessons, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's