- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Crested Butte Nordic Center. The community-owned Crested Butte Nordic Center maintains an extensive network of cross-country ski and snowshoe trails. There are 34 miles of trails radiating out to the northwest, south, and east of Crested Butte. The trails cover flat and moderately rolling terrain across meadows and through aspen groves near the valley floor. A one-day adult trail pass costs $18. The views of some of the distant peaks are stunning. The Moonlight Dinner—on full-moon nights from December to March—includes a trek to a cozy yurt for a five-course dinner prepared by local chefs; the $70 per-person cost includes a trail pass and ski rentals. Check the website for other dinner packages held throughout the winter. 620 2nd St., Crested Butte, CO, 81224. 970/349–1707. www.cbnordic.org.
Trail Passes and Rentals
An adult day pass costs $15. The center also has a variety of season passes, ranging from $165 for one adult and $390 for a family of four.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's