- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Colorado Springs (whose airport has the typical lineup of car-rental agencies), the main north-south roads are Interstate 25, Academy Boulevard, Nevada Avenue, and Powers Boulevard, and each will get you where you want to go in good time; east-west routes along Woodmen Road (far north), Austin Bluffs Parkway (north central), and Platte Boulevard (south central) can get backed up.
Running north–south from Wyoming to New Mexico, Interstate 25 bisects Colorado and is the major artery into the area. Colorado Springs and Pueblo (which also has a pair of car-rental counters at the airport) are on Interstate 25. Florissant and Buena Vista are reached via U.S. 24 off Interstate 25; Cañon City and the Royal Gorge via U.S. 50. Salida can be reached via Highway 291 from either U.S. 24 or U.S. 50. Palmer Lake and Larkspur are accessible via Interstate 25 and Highway 105. Aside from Colorado Springs and Pueblo, most cities in south central Colorado lack car-rental service.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe