- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Colorado Springs Airport (COS) is the major airport in the region, with a dozen nonstop destinations. Most south-central residents south of Colorado Springs drive to this city to fly out.
Alternatively, you can choose to fly to Denver International Airport (DEN), which has a lot more nonstop flights from other major cities to Colorado. It's a 70-mi drive from Denver to the Springs, but during rush hour it might take a solid two hours, whether you're in your own car or in one of the Denver-Colorado Springs shuttles. If you take the E-470 toll road for part of the drive, the ride will be faster.
Colorado Springs Airport (COS) (719/550–1972. www.flycos.com.)
Denver International Airport (DEN) (303/342–2000. www.flydenver.com.)
Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB) (719/553-2760. www.pueblo.us/airport.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe