- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Cheyenne Cañon Park
North Cheyenne Cañon Park Review
This is Colorado Springs at its best. Nearby Seven Falls has the hand of man all over its natural wonders, but the 1,600 acres of this city park, which is open year-round, manifest nature and natural history without a hint of commercialism—or charge. The canyon's moderate hikes include the Lower Columbine and Mount Cutler trails, each less than a 3-mi round-trip. Both afford a view of the city and a sense of accomplishment.
Starsmore Discovery Center. At the mouth of the canyon off Cheyenne Boulevard, this center is chock-full of nature exhibits and has a climbing wall where kids can try their hands and feet against gravity. 2120 S. Cheyenne Canyon Rd, 80906. Apr.-Oct., daily. Call for hrs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Just in time for the holiday weekend, Trail Ridge Road opens up today!
http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/05/trail-ridge-road-will-open-today-for.html Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more