- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nature & Raptor Center of Pueblo. You can bicycle, hike, and canoe along the 35 miles in the river trail system that follows the Arkansas River. For more information, call the Nature & Raptor Center of Pueblo. A small interpretive center describes the flora and fauna unique to the area, and it also cares for injured birds of prey. 5200 Nature Center Rd., off Hwy. 45, Pueblo, CO, 81008. 719/549–2414. www.natureandraptor.org.
San Isabel National Forest. You can hike in relative solitude on many trails threading the San Isabel National Forest, 20 miles southwest of Pueblo. The forest service station in Pueblo is open 7:30 am–4:30 pm weekdays. Check in with them for backpacking permits. 2840 Kachina Dr., Pueblo, CO, 81008. 719/545–8737. www.fs.usda.gov/psicc.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe