- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
New Santa Fe Regional Trail. This trail stretches 20 miles from Palmer Lake along an abandoned railroad right-of-way, through the U.S. Air Force Academy—where you must stay on the six-foot-wide trail—and links up with the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail in Colorado Springs. The trail is also popular with equestrians and bikers, as well as cross-country skiers and snowshoers. Palmer Lake, CO, 80133. 719/520–6375.
Palmer Lake Reservoirs Trail. One of the most popular hiking trails between Denver and Colorado Springs, the Palmer Lake Reservoirs Trail begins near Glen Park. After a fairly steep incline, the 3-mi trail levels out and follows the shoreline of Upper and Lower Palmer Lake reservoirs between forested mountains. Bikes and leashed dogs are permitted. Trailhead starts at bottom of Old Palmer Rd., Palmer Lake, CO, 80133. 719/481–3282.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe