- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Comanche National Grassland. This vast 444,000-acre tract has a pair of canyon loops where there's a fair amount of rock art. Some of the largest documented sets of fossilized dinosaur tracks in the United States are in Picket Wire Canyonlands, a part of the grassland. There are tables for when you want an impromptu picnic. From La Junta, drive south on Highway 109 for 13 miles, west on County Road 802 for 8 miles, and south on County Road 25 for 6 miles. Turn left at Picket Wire Corrals onto Forest Service Road 500A and follow signs to Withers Canyon Trailhead. Ranger Office, 1420 E. 3rd St., La Junta, CO, 81050. 719/384–2181. www.fs.usda.gov/detail/psicc.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's