- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Challenge Unlimited. This is a great outfitter for bike tours throughout Colorado, including the daily 20-mile bike tour down Pikes Peak from May through mid-October. The tours include helmets and bikes. Other trips combine biking and zip-lining. 204 S. 24th St., Colorado Springs, CO, 80904. 800/798–5954. www.bikithikit.com.
Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours. The guides with this company will take you to the top of Pikes Peak, then let you ride all the way down on one of their lightweight mountain bikes. An alternative tour is the 20-mile tour on Upper Gold Camp Road, which is a self-paced downhill ride along an old railroad tract converted to a hiking–bicycling trail that cuts through the mountains. Another option allows you to saddle up and pedal down, a partnership with the Stables at the Broadmoor. 306 S. 25th St., Colorado Springs, CO. 888/593–3062. www.bikepikespeak.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's