- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tours and Outfitters
Colorado River Outfitters Association. With dozens of outfitters working from Salida, Buena Vista, and Cañon City, south-central Colorado is one of the top places in the country to go rafting. The Colorado River Outfitters Association is an organization of more than 50 licensed outfitters who run rafting trips on Colorado's 13 river systems. Cañon City, CO. 720/260–4135. www.croa.org.
Echo Canyon River Expeditions. The outfitters offers float trips with gentle rapids for first-time rafters in Bighorn Sheep Canyon, family trips through Browns Canyon, and adrenaline-inducing rides through the Royal Gorge. Rafting through the Royal Gorge is not an experience for the faint of heart; you'll pass between narrow canyon walls through rolling Class IV and V waves. This company also runs combo trips including rafting-train ride, and paddle-saddle tours. 45000 West U.S. Hway. 50, Cañon City, CO, 81212. 719/275–3154 or 800/755–3246. www.raftecho.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's