- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arkansas River Walk. For a pleasant stroll, try the Arkansas River Walk. The 4-mile trail is virtually flat, and the elevation is only 5,320 feet. It follows the Arkansas River for 3 miles through woods, wetlands, and the riparian river environment. Trailhead: Heading south on 9th St., turn east immediately past the bridge., Cañon City, CO, 81212.
Red Canyon Park. Cañon City–owned Red Canyon Park, 12 miles north of town, offers splendid easy to moderate hiking among the rose-color sandstone spires. The easy-to-find park is seven miles north of downtown. Red Canyon Rd. and Field Ave., Cañon City, CO.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe