- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
All visitor centers are fully accessible to mobility-impaired people. The Sprague Lake, Bear Lake, Coyote Valley, and Lily Lake trails are hard-packed gravel, ½0.5- to 1-mi, accessible loops. A backcountry campsite at Sprague Lake accommodates up to 12 campers, including six in wheelchairs. Bear Lake shuttles are wheelchair accessible.
Admission Fees and Permits
Entrance fees are $20 for a weekly pass, or $10 if you enter on bicycle, motorcycle, or foot. An annual pass costs $40.
From May through October, the backcountry camping cost is $20 per party (it's free the rest of the year, but you still need a permit). Pick up the permit at the backcountry office, east of Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, or at Kawuneeche Visitor Center. Phone reservations for backcountry campsites can be made between March 1 and May 15 and after October 1 by calling the backcountry office at 970/586-1242.
The park is open 24/7, year-round; some roads close in winter. It is in the mountain time zone.
There are no ATMs within the park. The nearest ATMs and banks are in Estes Park.
Automobile Service Stations
Cell phones work in much of the park. Pay phones may be found at the Beaver Meadows, Kawuneeche, and Fall River visitor centers.
Call 911. You can also call the park's dispatch office at 970/586-1203. There are emergency phones at Cow Creek, Lawn Lake, Longs Peak, and Wild Basin trailheads.
Medical assistance is available at visitor centers and ranger stations at Longs Peak and Wild Basin (daily in summer, weekends only in winter) Estes Park and Granby have medical centers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $49 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8.70 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com