Rocky Mountain National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Rocky Mountain National Park
Gorgeous scenery: Peer out over dozens of lakes, gaze up at majestic mountain peaks, and look around at pine-scented woods that are perfect for whiling away an afternoon.
Over 355 mi of trails: Hike to your heart's content on mostly moderate trails crisscrossing the park.
Continental Divide: Straddle this great divide, which cuts through the western part of the park, separating water's flow to either the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean.
Awesome ascents: Trek to the summit of Longs Peak or go rock climbing on Lumpy Ridge. In winter, you can even ice climb.
Wildlife viewing: Spot elk and bighorn sheep; there are more than 2,000 and 800 of them, respectively.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe