Track Skiing in Winter Park
Devil's Thumb Ranch. About 8 miles northwest of Winter Park, Devil's Thumb Ranch grooms about 62 miles of cross-country trails. Some skiing is along fairly level tree-lined trails; some is with more ups and downs and wide-open views. The ranch has rentals, lessons, and backcountry tours. 3530 County Rd. 83, Tabernash, CO, 80478. 970/726–5632. www.devilsthumbranch.com. Trail fee $20.
Snow Mountain Ranch. Twelve miles northwest of Winter Park, Snow Mountain Ranch has a 62-mile track system that includes almost 3 miles of trails lighted for night skiing. The ranch is a YMCA facility (with discounts for members) and has added bonuses such as a sauna and an indoor pool. Lessons, rentals, and on-site lodging are available. 1101 Hwy. 53, Granby, CO, 80446. 970/887–2152 or 888/573–9622. www.ymcarockies.org. Trail fee $15.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's