- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mount Falcon Park. This park is a great way to explore the true foothills of the Front Range, and the comparatively low elevation makes it a good warm-up for higher ventures. Early in the morning mule deer can be seen grazing on the adjacent slopes. Take the Turkey Trot Trail from the east parking lot in the Morrison Town Park marked with a "hikers only" sign. The trail winds 1.7 miles up the east face of Mount Falcon through brushy slopes before curving behind the mountain up a forested draw to top out at around 7,000 feet. The trail loops back around and connects to the Castle Trail for a 1.3-mile easy return to the parking lot. Allow about 90 minutes. CAUTION: Stay on the path to avoid critters, including rattlesnakes, that lie in the grass. Jefferson County Open Space, start at east parking lot, Golden, CO, 80465. www.jeffco.us/parks.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's