- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central City and Black Hawk
Recent changes in the gambling laws have created a "gold rush" to Black Hawk and Central City. As of 2009 the casinos stay open 24/7 and offer craps and roulette, and the betting limit has been raised to $100. The two former mining towns edge up against each other with more than 20 casinos, several of which are topped by big hotels. Central City offers a fleeting sense of what the original mining town looked like.
Central City and Black Hawk at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's