Far View Lodge
At a Glance
- close to the key sites
- views are spectacular
- simple rooms and amenities, with no TV
- walls are thin and less than soundproof
- limited cell phone service
Check Rates from our Partners
Far View Lodge Review
Talk about a view—all rooms have a private balcony, from which you can admire views of the neighboring states of Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico up to 100 miles in the distance. The spartan rooms don't have a lot of space to spare, but you can upgrade to a "kiva" room for updated furnishings, linens, and air-conditioning. The lobby has free Wi-Fi and occasional educational guest speakers. The Metate Room, the lodge's dining room, is acclaimed for its fine steaks and excellent Southwestern fare. At night, grab appetizers and drinks in the panoramic cocktail lounge or on the rooftop balcony.
- Address: Across from Far View Visitor Center, 15 miles southwest of park entrance, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330 | Map It
- Phone: 602/331–5210; 800/449–2288
- Website: www.visitmesaverde.com
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- 150 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I would like advice on my upcoming trip to Colorado, which will be my first time. Read more
· News & Features
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest... ... Read more