- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Far View Lodge
At a Glance
- close to the key sites
- views are spectacular
- simple rooms and amenities, with no TV
- walls are thin and less than soundproof
Check Rates from our Partners
Far View Lodge Review
Talk about a view—all rooms have a private balcony, from which you can admire views of the neighboring states of Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico up to 100 mi in the distance. The spartan-meets-southwestern standard rooms don't have a lot of space to spare, but you can upgrade to a kiva room for a little more space and a few more amenities (including air-conditioning). The staff is friendly, and you can take in nightly talks by guest speakers on various park topics in the lobby (there's also free Wi-Fi there). The Metate Room, the lodge's main dining room, is acclaimed for its fine steaks and excellent southwestern fare. Above it is a cocktail lounge that offers late night appetizers.
- Address: Across from Far View Visitor Center, 15 mi southwest of park entrance, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330 | Map It
- Phone: 602/331-5210; 800/449-2288
- Website: www.visitmesaverde.com
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- 150 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Econo Lodge in Jun: $116 & Up Expedia
- Jun deal: Days Inn Cortez Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Mesa Verde Inn Cortez 3 Nts in Jun Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia
We took a trip West. Read more
Haven't posted here in awhile, but felt the need to repay the research I found on Fodor's for this trip!
I was searching for a spring break skiing destination for me & my 11 y.o. - needed sufficie Read more
Plan on going out to Colorado next week -- staying in Colorado Springs for a few days and then onto Gunnison and then Rocky Mt National Park-- hopefully hiking in the mts. Read more
· News & Features
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more