Far View Lodge
At a Glance
- close to the key sites
- views are spectacular
- simple rooms and amenities, with no TV
- walls are thin and less than soundproof
- limited cell phone service
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Far View Lodge Review
Talk about a view—all rooms have a private balcony, from which you can admire views of the neighboring states of Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico up to 100 miles in the distance. The spartan rooms don't have a lot of space to spare, but you can upgrade to a "kiva" room for updated furnishings, linens, and air-conditioning. The lobby has free Wi-Fi and occasional educational guest speakers. The Metate Room, the lodge's dining room, is acclaimed for its fine steaks and excellent Southwestern fare. At night, grab appetizers and drinks in the panoramic cocktail lounge or on the rooftop balcony.
- Address: Across from Far View Visitor Center, 15 miles southwest of park entrance, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330 | Map It
- Phone: 602/331–5210; 800/449–2288
- Website: www.visitmesaverde.com
- Location: Mesa Verde National Park
- 150 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We usually take at trip from Greeley up US34 each Sept and Thanksgiving week to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Read more
For a while we thought our vacation to Rocky Mountain National Park and Steamboat Springs might be in jeopardy due to the fires but little did we know that a bizarre flood would get in the way. Read more
I am currently in the USA and am about to start a four week road trip from North Carolina to California. Read more
· News & Features
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more